Liquor Snob Holiday Gift Guide 2009
It's time once again, ladies and gentlemen, for the holiday tradition that is the Liquor Snob Holiday Gift guide. If you're wondering what to buy for the boozer, sot, or lush of your life, fret no more, because we're gonna hook you up.
This year we're changing the format a bit to include some hot deals and gift guides we've noticed (which will be updated as we find more) and the Top 11 items people have bought through us at Amazon in the last year (which pretty much translates to "things we want for Christmas"). To top it all off, we've also rounded up a bunch of other cool stuff we covered this year too.
Holiday Deals and Gift Guides
We plan to update these deals and guides as the holiday season moves forward, but these are the things that have hit our inbox so far. If you hear about any great deals or stumble across a cool booze-related holiday item, just let us know and we'll add it to the list.
- The Jim Beam Holiday Gift Guide - we thought this was worth a read, with its plethora of tips for how to save money, gift ideas to avoid, and some hot-off-the-presses cocktail recipe ideas for when you need them...and you will.
- Cocktail Vibe Black Friday Sale - get 45% off everything on the Cocktail Vibe site during their Black Friday sale, and they've got some really nice stuff...we love ours. Just use the code CVBLACKFRIDAY at checkout.
- Internet Wines & Spirits has a nice selection of unique bottles that are pretty danged gift-worthy...we know we were pumped when our bottle of Crystal Head vodka showed up from there.
Also, this isn't necessarily liquor-related, but if you're not following BFAds.net for Black Friday discounts and deals, do yourself a favor and sign up
- 25% off all orders at Sailor Jerry between 12/15 and 12/17 - use code SJGIFT. [Updated 12/14]
- For the Beirut enthusiast on your Christmas list, check out Go Pong - most portable beer pong tables you'll find are over $100, but these are less than sixty bucks. We haven't played on them, but you can't go wrong for the price. Customizable too! Get the skinny at GoPong.com. [Added 12/3]
Top 11 Booze Gifts of 2008/2009
We don't make a secret of the fact we have an affiliate partnership with Amazon - in fact, generous folks like you shopping there through our site help keep this website afloat. So, we took a look at all the items that were bought over the last year, from November 1 2008 through today, to show you what the
booze hounds gentle readers of our site saw fit to buy. Who knows? Maybe it'll get your creative juices flowing, but if you don't like them don't blame us. There's no accounting for taste.
- Various Breathalyzers; specifically models by Breathkey, Alcohawk, and Alcomate
- Liquor Decanters - specifically this set.
- Vinturi Wine Aerators - we'd been curious and we finally got to review this recently. The verdict? We're planning to give the Set of 2 to some of our wine-snobbier friends.
- Reef Dram Sandals - we should also mention Reef's Fanning bottle opener sandals were a big hit (and cheaper)
- Travel Bars round out the Top 5, with people wanting to be able to drink in style outside the house, even if they're not spending at the bar.
- Little Snowie Shaved Ice Machine - we really have no explanation for this one, but we bet you could make a mean margarita snowcone.
- Nambé Twist 10-Inch Cocktail Shaker - sure it's a bit spendy, but hey...it looks like you could kill a Klingon with it.
- XL Wine Glass - a glass you can fit a whole bottle of wine in for like 10 bucks? Priceless.
- Lush Life Party Ice Luge - no explanation required.
- Global Decor 170 Rotating 4 Bottle 1-1/2-Ounce Drink Dispenser - because pouring drinks is so 2008.
- The Flavor Bible: The Essential Guide to Culinary Creativity, Based on the Wisdom of America's Most Imaginative Chefs - this and What to Drink with What You Eat are tied as our favorite cocktail creation/cookbooks of 2009. Highly recommended.
If you're still bankrupt for ideas, we've included a whole mess of products we've covered in the past year for your perusing pleasure, and you can also check out our gift guides from previous years (2006, 2007, 2008) for more ideas.
Read More in: Liquor
Share this Article with others:
Came straight to this page? Visit Liquor Snob for all the latest news.
Posted by Jake Jamieson at November 20, 2009 1:25 PM
I have given out a beer sampler ever year with a bunch of imported beers to at least one person I know. This year I also picked up a "sake bomb kit" which was pretty cool for my nephew (a junior in college). It's clever and kinda classy too, made by TyKu. I love hearing about the holiday gift packs, especially with liquor because they can usually go to anyone on my list. Thank you for this roundup.