August 3, 2009

Conjure Cognac: Another Ludacris Hit?

conjure_cognac.jpgIt seems like every time we turn around a celebrity is endorsing a bottle of booze, but maybe Ludacris is going about it a bit differently? He's not just pimping a bottle he happened to slap his name on; he also helped select the flavor notes and has apparently been involved in the creation every step of the way. But what could a rapper know about cognac, right? From checking out the description, they may just be on to something.

Conjure is made from the ugni blanc grape from blends that represent a variety of Cognac regions including Grande Champagne, Petite Champagne and Borderie. The rich copper color of this signature cognac accents a bouquet of cedar, cocoa and hazelnut. Hints of vanilla, apricot and dried prune leave a smooth warm feeling and long lasting oak finish on the palate.
Conjure will have a limited release in September, and will retail for somewhere around $30 per bottle. Keep an eye out for the website that's on its way at ConjureCognac.com.

Read More in: Liquor

Posted by Jake Jamieson at August 3, 2009 11:01 PM

I liked Conjure fine when mixed, but sipped straight it seemed out of balance. Way too fruit-forward. That said, it does go nicely with pineapple juice.

Posted by: Kevin at March 18, 2011 1:51 AM

Thought I'd check it out to give Luda a play to see if he did know anything about Cognac since the new manager of store said he checked the history to see if Luda did have anything to do with putting the blends together. Blends are beautiful & true to Gnac Luda you got a winner here in Hotlanta!!!
Congrats 2 Conjure

Posted by: rahrah at November 13, 2010 3:13 AM

I drink the cognac for the vox when they get strained. it works great! brandy is too sweet. i worked with the Tams and Drifters down in the deep south back in the day and they hipped me to it, so no wonder rappers are down on it. i usually drink hennessey. got a bottle of conjure in SC at Myrtle Beach due to a liqour store owners testimonial. at first the oak note hit me kinda hard being used to H., but the after was heavenly: just what you want for the vox. cool ass bottle, too. i got the ragged vox today. got hennessey and realised there was no turning back. Conjure RULES!!!!

Posted by: jeffnorwood at October 7, 2010 12:39 AM

I love this stuff! It's smooth and you don't feel like a trainwreak the day after. My sister is buying the store out of it. Good call luda

Posted by: no prolem at June 6, 2010 5:33 PM

For everyone who lives in SoCal, Conjure can be purchased at BevMo, if not at your local liquor store. The cognac, delicious. We will have to put our Hennessy on the shelf for a while. Because my husband and I like to "imagine the possibilities" we will began to explore.
Our first exploration began with Martinellis Sparkling Cider and it was GREAT!! Oh the possibilities.... thank you Chris.

Posted by: Charlene at June 1, 2010 12:35 AM

yo i flew from new york to Miami just to cop some bottles,all i have to say Luda you struct gold with this,hope it could get to new york soon
- Jason

Posted by: jason at May 15, 2010 9:26 PM

What up yall just wanted to say I got a full bottle of conjure I'm in michigan but had to have it sent to me but thanks again luda peeeaaacccee

PlayBoy

Posted by: Steven at May 11, 2010 12:31 PM

I was in southwest florida an bought the liqour store out of ludas fine conjure. And let me tell you I was exploring the possibilities. It is gonna be a hit luda thanks an good luck with all.

Posted by: Playboy at April 21, 2010 12:23 PM

Well i'm interested to kno about this cognac ,which company produces the product.

Posted by: Thomas at March 4, 2010 1:41 PM

Where can I find this product? I am in Southern california and I have had no luck .... can you you help me finf this product?

Thanks,

Jeff

Posted by: jeff brod at February 10, 2010 5:45 PM

I just finished my FIRST bottle of Conjure Cognac! The Time is 11:55pm on September 30, 2009. Why so much detail? Lets see just how long it take s for me to enjoy it AGAIN! I stumbled across Conjure while in Miami, Fl 9/5/2009. I think that the store was Fostmore or Frostmores. BEST BUY IN A LONG, LONG TIME!!! This a must buy. I consider myslef a conniesseur as well and I say this, Remy and Henny, get your gaurd up becasue Conjure is about to know you out! I live in Nashville and it's out of my market. Hopefully we can change that! Luda, email me and wqe can get the ball rolling here in Nashville. I will be in Atlanta next month and I will stop just to find it, believe that!!!!

Posted by: Christopher McCrea at October 1, 2009 1:10 AM

If I were a rapper, I'd know a LOT about cognac.

Posted by: Michael at August 4, 2009 12:41 AM