Firefly/Serenity Drinking Game
We've been a little obsessed with nerdy drinking games lately. After our post about science fiction drinking games a couple weeks ago, we had a nagging feeling there was something missing. What was it? It was keeping us nights, then we figured it out.
It was Firefly that was missing. Joss Whedon's science fiction Western masterwork was not included in the list of games. We've been on a Firefly and Serenity jag lately, and we're really enjoying seeing it again.
We've also been known to wax poetic about Morena Baccarin (and underpants tea), the second reason we watch the show. We're not afraid to admit - the first reason is our rugged hetero man-crush on Nathan Fillion. Anyway check out our favorite Firefly drinking game rules after the jump.
- A tiny sip for every instance of the main cast speaking Chinese
- A sip for every scene showing the alliance where someone is wearing a goofy alliance hat
- A sip for every time someone uses the adjective 'rutting' Two sips if it's Jayne saying it.
- A sip for anytime the captain is left speechless.
- A chug for each time the crew poses as a married couple (and a whole can/glass if they come away at the end of the show with no profits/goods acquired for their troubles.)
- Three sips if Inara throws Mal out of her shuttle (Five sips if she gives herself a sponge bath)
More rules, as well as an alternative shot-based game, at Drink Wiki
Read More in: Drinking Games
Share this Article with others:
Came straight to this page? Visit Liquor Snob for all the latest news.
Posted by Jake Jamieson at May 20, 2009 9:59 AM