MythBusters Marathon/Drinking Game for President's Day
Well, our Valentine's Day hangover is slowly subsiding, so of course we're looking for our next
reason to get schnockered holiday event. Luckily, we found out there's a MythBusters Marathon running all day Monday on the Discovery Channel, so we really won't have any reason to leave the house. That got us to thinking that there's got to be some great MythBusters drinking game we've never played, so we did some searchin' on the Infernets. Lo and behold, there was a great one, the bulk of the rules of which we've included below.
Oh, and if you're playing, expect to get 'Busted by early afternoon, because the marathon starts at 9 AM.
During the episode, take a drink if:
- Mythbusters cite criticisms of earlier experiments from viewer email.
- Grant uses some special knowledge of electronics or robotics to build/operate a rig.
- Myth is plausible.
- Kari gets dolled up for a visit to some vendor, supplier or outside expert.
- The fire department or paramedics are on hand, "just in case."
- There is an AOL product placement.
- Producers prevent Mythbusters from doing something due to insurance concerns.
- The episode includes Scottie Chapman.
- The "Arc of the Covenant" prop is used in the foreground during interviews with the Mythbusters.
- Jamie loses a "build off."
- Adam or Jamie get in some humiliating outfit (not including wet suits).
- A vehicle is crashed. +2 drinks if vehicle is destroyed.
- A rocket is launched. +1 drink if rocket is a dud.
- Real human bones are integrated into a prop.
- Jamie gets all serious and starts talking about safety.
- A prop is molded from ballistics gel.
- Pyrotechnics are set by an FBI or ATF agent.
- Adam mocks Jamie. +1 drink if Adam uses a prop as Jamie's mustache.
- Adam hurts himself. +1 drink if Adam bleeds.
- A prop from a previous episode is visible in the background.
- Something inadvertently caches fire.
- A rig malfunctions. +1 drink if rig destroys itself.
- Somebody uses a calculator. +1 drink if it's Kari.
- Myth is confirmed.
- Tory bleeds.
- The rig involves a pig carcass.
- Jamie freaks out about damage to the shop or his equipment.
- Adam appears in the episode with a self referential t-shirt.
- Adam or Jamie's likeness is used in an animation to depict the experiment.
- Adam and Jamie have a spat.
- Buster gets busted, burned, dropped or hurled a great distance.
- Something is exploded. +1 drink if exploded object is made of meat.
- Myth is busted.
More, including reasons to chug an entire beer during an episode, at Software & Beer
Read More in: Drinking Advice | Drinking Games
Share this Article with others:
Came straight to this page? Visit Liquor Snob for all the latest news.
Posted by Jake Jamieson at February 15, 2008 1:38 PM