Super Bowl Tequila Punch
If you, our cherished readers, think the way we do, there are two things you think of when you think of Superbowl Sunday - tequila and hibiscus flowers. That's right, these things have finally come together in the form of Tequila Touchdown Punch, a recipe we just received from the fine folks at Don Julio tequila. OK, so maybe those three things don't really go together - at least not yet - but we did find out that the hibiscus grows well in Arizona, the location of Super Bowl XLII, so there's the connection.
The recipe sounds really tasty if you can get your hands on the flowers in time for the Bowl. If not, you'll have the fixings for an extreme garden party come spring. See the full recipe below.
Tequila Touchdown Punch
9 ounces Tequila Don Julio Blanco
4 1/2 ounces Grand Marnier®
6 ounces hibiscus punch (*see below for recipe)
4 1/2 ounces pineapple juice
4 1/2 ounces orange juice
Citrus wheels for garnish
Pineapple fronds for garnish
1. Add Tequila Don Julio Blanco, Grand Marnier, hibiscus punch, pineapple juice and orange juice to pitcher. Stir 30 times.
2. Add ice and stir 30 times.
3. Garnish with citrus wheels and pineapple fronds.
4. Pour contents evenly into 6 rocks glasses.
Ideal Serving Glass: Rocks glass
1/2 cup dried hibiscus flowers
1/2 cup fine sugar
2 cinnamon sticks
1/2 cup all-spice
1. Steep dried hibiscus flowers, fine sugar, cinnamon sticks, cloves and all-spice in six cups warm water for a minimum of three hours.
2. Stir thoroughly, then strain to serve.
Note: Can be prepared up to 24 hours in advance and refrigerated.
More Don Julio info and recipes at TheBar.com
Read More in: Cocktail Recipes
Share this Article with others:
Came straight to this page? Visit Liquor Snob for all the latest news.
Posted by Jake at January 15, 2008 4:24 PM