Physical Challenge: Strange Brew Drinking Game
So this week's physical challenge is the Strange Brew Drinking Game, and no, we're not telling you to get plastered and listen to Eric Clapton noodle on the guitar. The point of the game is to get your hands on a copy of Strange Brew, the 1983 movie featuring Bob and Doug McKenzie. The rules are simple - gather up a bunch of beer (preferably Canadian) and watch the movie.
All you have to do is drink every time someone says "eh" or "hoser."
Play your cards right and you're going to be on beer eight before you're halfway through the flick. Read on for other ideas to spice up the game, including alternate rules.
As promised, alternate rules for the Strange Brew Drinking Game - you might want to mix and match, because if you try to do them all you'll be comatose before the credits are over.
- Instead of drinking anytime the word "eh" is said, split up into teams - one team drinks when Bob (Rick Moranis) says it, the other for Doug (Dave Thomas).
- Eat a donut (preferably a jelly) every time they talk about donuts, and drink every time they say the word beer.
- Drink every time there's a Hamlet reference (The entire movie is based on the play, right down to Elisnore Brewery...no shit).
- Drink when they reference Star Wars.
- Drink every time someone gets checked during the hockey sequences
- Toast and drink every time they mention Pam's father.
We'd love to hear more rules for this game - it's a veritable cornucopia of fabulous drinking opportunities - so comment away!
Our other physical challenges:
Girl Drink Drunk
Read More in: Beer | Drinking Advice | Drinking Games | Physical Challenges
Share this Article with others:
Came straight to this page? Visit Liquor Snob for all the latest news.
Posted by Jake Jamieson at June 30, 2006 8:00 AM
here are some additional rules we used in the navy
eh = 1 drink
hoser = 2 drinks
when the hockey players enter the ice:
white = 1 drink
black = 2 drinks
when the van is in the water pause movie, count the beer bottles and then however many bottles you count that's how many beers to drink.
now if you want a real challenge try using liquor instead of beer...hehehe
They way I played the game was "hoser" and "eh" were worth one drink
"Take off" is worth 2 drinks
when they say "its a jelly" you pound down a whole beer
Ok so this was my idea for drinking game to this movie.
1. everytime "take off" "hoser" or "eh" is said take 1 drink
2. everytime they make a combination of any 2 of those 3 words take 3 drinks.
3. everytime they use all 3 words in a row take 5 drinks.
good luck making it to the end!