Physical Challenge: Power Hour
On paper, Power Hour doesn't really seem like it's that big of a deal. You take a shot of beer every minute for an hour. Sounds straightforward enough, especially for the drunkards in our audience. But if it was easy, we wouldn't make it a physical challenge, now would we?
In practice, the whole Power Hour thing is like trying to play chess while riding a rhino - or that's what it seems like about halfway through. First of all, you have to find someone willing to stay sober enough to watch the clock and tell you to drink...60 times. Either that, or you have to come up with some other system - we heard about some folks who create a CD with 60 second snippets of songs, and someone has even come up with a version of the game for your PC, DVD or cell phone. Whatever works - we do it the old fashioned way...count to 60 between each shot. That's because we usually play solo, though.
Beyond the timing of the shots (and actually pouring them, which becomes a bitch after about 35 or so), there are a just a few rules/factors to take into account.
- 60 shots of beer at 1.5oz per shot is 90oz - or about seven and a half beers - in an hour.
- There is no getting up once the game starts - you can't leave your chair. That means everything, from going to the bathroom to getting more beer. If you leave your chair, you're disqualified, so plan ahead.
- There is no vomiting during the hour. If you vomit, you are disqualified.
- If you're disqualified, you have two options - hang your head in shame and walk away, or start the whole process again - a shot of beer every minute for an hour. This can can be a bit disheartening if you mess up on shot 52 or so.
If the basic rules seem a little too wussy (you big man, you), we've found and brainstormed some extra-hardcore rules to spice things up a little bit.
Extra Rules for Pros
- To crank things up a notch, make a new rule after every 10 shots - no saying names, no swearing, drink only with your left hand - think Asshole rules. If you break a rule, you're disqualified.
- Dare we say it? What if every 10th shot was something a little stronger than beer? Whiskey? Jager? Tequila? A little energy vodka to keep your stamina up?
- An hour not enough? Join the Century Club - a shot of beer every minute for 100 minutes. Now that's a more daunting task - especially that whole "no peeing" thing.
Have fun - and as always, we can't be held responsible if you take our physical challenge and something goes wrong - but you knew that already. Can anybody think of other ways to spice up this challenge? Lay your thoughts on us in the comments section below.
Our other physical challenges:
Girl Drink Drunk
Read More in: Beer | Drinking Games | Physical Challenges
Share this Article with others:
Came straight to this page? Visit Liquor Snob for all the latest news.
Posted by Jake at June 23, 2006 8:19 AM