May 23, 2006

P.I.N.K. Vodka: A Rush Without Red Bull

p.i.n.k. vodkaIn a world where you can currently only get a liquor buzz and a head rush by mixing your vodka with an energy drink, things are about to change. We've just stumbled across p.i.n.k. vodka, an interesting-sounding spirit that comes pre-infused with caffeine and guarana. What does this mean? It means we can now drink our vodka straight out of the bottle and have a wide-awake drunk, with none of that energy drink BS.

Of course, the stuff has a strike against it - the fact that the name makes it seem like it's made specifically for fabulous androids. We don't mind, though - we're not exactly the target market so we'll just keep it in a brown paper bag as we chug it down. Or, we'll just pretend we're doing a physical challenge every time we drink it.

Read on for more details:

This month, p.i.n.k, the first 80-proof super-premium vodka flawlessly infused with caffeine and guarana hits the shelves, filling a void in the spirits category. Made from the finest handcrafted vodka from Holland, p.i.n.k. contains a flavorless caffeine and guarana formula that does not disrupt the vodka’s exceptional quality.

The brand concept for p.i.n.k. emerged from the growing trend of mixing alcohol with energy drinks. Consumers wanted a completely versatile vodka that provides the intensity without the unwanted flavor of popular energy drinks. David Mandell, president and CEO, High Energy Holdings, LLC created p.i.n.k. to fulfill the need.

via Happy Hours Press Release

You can get your hands on it for $40, but just think about all the cash you'll save on Red Bull. Learn more at the pink vodka site.

Read More in: Liquor News | Vodka

Posted by Jake Jamieson at May 23, 2006 11:14 PM

I would like to know where I can purchase a few bottles of this vodka please. Is there anyone out there that can help me?

Posted by: Kandii at January 2, 2014 2:52 AM

P.I.N.K. owes us a free bottle. We bought a bottle for 4 girls and it took 30 mins and a drill just to get a sip out of the gray cap. You have to shake it like a bottle of ketchup. It tastes great w/ cranberry however, not as bittersweet as we when we were so excited to try it.

Posted by: rah & anh at September 24, 2009 1:00 PM

P.I.N.K. Rips off their vendors. They don't pay their bills. Two vendors that I know of are owed $4500 to the first, then $7500 to the other.

They're ruining our economy.

Posted by: Annon at May 16, 2009 9:50 AM

Great packaging! Glad it's girled' for us (if it was). Why should everything be masculined? Like we like that as you whine about this? See the off-ness'. Girls mean fun...so be it! Must everything be tough and fighting or flat and straight or boring? The world is not just for you. Girls are more fun and 'sexy' with something to celebrate with that matches them and the way everyone should be. There are enough negative problems in the world - losers are afraid of smiles and laughter - be as beautiful and silly as you want to be when you can. And why so sensitive to a color? Just another color of the sunrise/sunset...Don't want taurine meat protein in my drink.

Posted by: j at January 20, 2009 12:15 PM

It seems like a great drink. I'm excited 2 try it but on recent t.v ads for those 5 hr energy shots they gave negitive effects that can be caused by guarana... huh wonder the truth behind that.

Posted by: yungdes at March 27, 2008 12:06 AM

Well aren't you just a little ray of sunshine...though we really can't argue with you about the glut of vodkas in the marketplace...

Posted by: Liquor Snob at November 1, 2007 1:15 PM

Another mediocre vodka, adding to the insane glut of trendy vodkas crowding up the market lately. Not to mention that mixing caffeine and alcohol is bad for you and can lead to alcohol poisoning a lot quicker...shouldn't be pushing this crap.

Posted by: beema at November 1, 2007 12:23 PM

Lighten up everyone, they had an idea that is simple and fresh. Most of you would'nt take a chance and are frankly jealous of success. Grow up and give it a chance, I can see many beautiful women pushing the product and who knows maybe a PINK bikini contest soon to follow. Its all about the marketing. Good luck on your endeavor! Mike

Posted by: Michael at October 16, 2007 1:51 AM

Hey Christy,

How much caffeine & guarana are infused in the drink per mL or ounce? Also is it dangerous for people with heart problems? Any warning about people trying to mix it with red bull or any other stimulant? I heard combined intake of ephedra and guarana resulted in clients ending up in the ER? Just curious what health implications consumers should consider before taking their first sip? I dont see any warning on your website... It would be good to know.

Posted by: Camella at September 10, 2007 12:23 AM

I get the greatest drunk EVER with pink. Period. I could dance all night long!!!

Posted by: Frances at July 30, 2007 5:08 PM

Hey Christy, P.I.N.K sounds very unique. I would love to talk to you about the vodka in more detail. We would love to take a P.I.N.K for a "Squeeze"...

Posted by: Joy at July 5, 2007 5:15 PM

Hey Christy, if you read this email me, I want to talk to you about sponsorship with P.I.N.K in NYC nightlife events.

Posted by: Manny Swank at April 19, 2007 5:34 AM

Christy needs to check her spelling. The name of the other energy vodka is ZYGO not ZYGOT. The main problem I have with p.i.n.k. besides the girly name is the price. I live in Pennsylvania and the product costs $48 here. It makes more sense for me to buy a bottle of Grey Goose and a sixer of Red Bull before buying this product. Well, I do have another pet peeve..... Where is the taurine? $48 and no taurine? This is a lot of money for caffeine and hype.

Posted by: Henry Cinque at January 30, 2007 1:56 PM

i cant wait to try this

Posted by: Micah at November 28, 2006 9:56 AM

Christy speaks the truth. Pink rocks--if you're man enough to drink it. You go girl!

Posted by: Stuck at November 25, 2006 11:30 AM

We are inerested in having you as a sponsor...
at this time we are using other brands of vodka...and would love to have your brand pink vodka in each of our cars...Please contact us at the above e-mail or call us at 516-798-2927

Posted by: Paul Bryant at October 18, 2006 10:55 AM

Hey guys
My name is Christy and I am the vp of high energy holdings...aka, p.i.n.k. Vodka
First of all to the guy who called us "corporate slobs"..??..hahaha actually we are completely the opposite, its just my good friend David and I who started and run the company with our good friend Dan...that's it, so uhm, Not quite corporate ;) and yup, david did work for the government, he left his position as the chief of staff of the FAA to begin p.i.n.k.,and I was the brand mgr for Patron tequila.With his experiences with fda and ttb regulations,licenses etc etc, and my experience with top quality spirits, the combo is actually pretty awesome! And p.i.n.k. is DEFINITELY not like zygot because p.i.n.k. has NO flavor and NO color....we are just a super premium, super smooth vodka, and (unlike zygot), we are actually 80 proof, like a true vodka should be ;) try it...bet you'll love it!
All my best
Stay p.i.n.k.!
Christy

Posted by: christy at October 1, 2006 12:16 PM

We found it online at Garnet Wine, and it'll run you just a hair over 40 bucks a bottle...though we're not sure how much the shipping will add. We'll keep digging to see if we can find other places to purchase.

Posted by: Liquor Snob at September 19, 2006 10:00 AM

can you buy p.i.n.k. online?

Posted by: shane at September 19, 2006 9:31 AM

I met this David Mandell at a party for the rapper DMX in Manhattan. He used to work for the government and now he wants to sell vodka? Come on, people! Don't believe the circus act.

Posted by: lukeyluke at August 21, 2006 9:58 AM

I drank Pink this weekend and it was awesome!! this is the best it tastes great and I never got tired!

Posted by: mike at August 8, 2006 4:21 PM

Pink is so wack. Zygo is the one and only in Energy vodka. Try again corporate slobs!

Posted by: smittysmoov at July 10, 2006 3:33 PM

checking on availability in georgia or/and internet
sales

please call 706 226 3160

Posted by: t.j. kaikobad at June 26, 2006 1:35 PM

i got here by googling pink energy vodka but also learned of a pink energy drink made by another company.

Posted by: stephen flemmi at June 1, 2006 3:36 PM

P.I.N.K.? I guess this is being marketed to women. Is Zygo an energy vodka as well?

Posted by: Victor at May 31, 2006 5:55 PM

OK. The packaging looks good and I am sure it is good vodka but this is nothing new. Zygo (www.fuelchange.com) has been out for three years now. Zygo has taurine and PINK does not. Make mine taurine.

Posted by: Roger at May 31, 2006 3:59 PM