November 25, 2005

Breaking News: Pudding Shot Recipe Found

Pudding Shots!A couple weeks ago, we did a piece about Jello shots, and we joked that we'd rather get our hands on a pudding shot recipe. After writing that story we learned two things. One, you can actually make pudding shots. And two, our readers are actually looking for pudding shot recipes. No one actually delivered on our recipe, but we got tons of requests to let people know if we found one.

All we can say is keep dreaming big, you wonderful bastards.

And so, without further ado:

Pudding Shots

1 small pkg. INSTANT choc. pudding
3/4 C. milk
1/4 C. Vodka
1/2 C. Irish Cream
8 oz. Extra Creamy Cool Whip

Mix pudding and milk for a couple of minutes with an electric mixer, then add alcohol, mix well. Mix in Cool Whip.

Put into individual serving cups with lids and I furnish plastic spoons. Keep in the freezer.

Find this and other recipe ideas at Razzle Dazzle Recipes.

They posted this as a Valentine's Day thing (nothing more romantic than pudding shots, eh?), but we can see it being good during the holidays too. We haven't made a batch yet but we plan to, mostly because we haven't been able to reconcile in our minds how you actually shoot pudding.

Read More in: Cocktail Recipes

Posted by Jake Jamieson at November 25, 2005 9:06 AM

FANTASTIC RECIPES KEEP THEM COMING

Posted by: LINA at September 26, 2013 10:14 AM

Cheese Cake Shot

2 small packages Cheese Cake instant Pudding
2/3 cup milk
2/3 cup Tequila Rose
2/3 cup vodka
16 oz cool whip
splash of grenadine (for color)

Posted by: Cathy at May 28, 2012 1:21 AM

Made Banana Pudding Shot last night and it was a hit.
1 large box Instant Banana Pudding
2/3 cup milk
2/3 cup banana liquor or rum
2/3 cup vodka
2/3 cup Ex creamy cool whip
I used 1 1/3 cup Banana Rum instead of both liquors. Mix everything except cool whip. Once it is blended all cool whip. Pour into shot cups and refrigerate until set.

Posted by: Cathy at May 28, 2012 1:18 AM

White Chocolate Raspberry
6oz box pudding
1/2 cup vodka
1 1/2 cups raspberry liquer 16 oz cool whip
Yummy! :)

Posted by: Victoria at December 5, 2011 9:17 PM

There are many great suggestions here. I have found that proven recipes ensure that the pudding shooters come out perfect every time. I have created an iPhone app dedicated to jello and pudding shot recipes to simplify the process. Please have a look. You can find it by searching for Lickety Shots in the AppStore.

Posted by: Pudding Shots at November 25, 2011 9:22 AM

whats with the cool whip wouldnt the milk be enough as far as the dairy is concerned?

Posted by: tammy at April 1, 2011 2:39 PM

I made Strawberry Pudding Shots to go along with my Chocolate ones.
1 box of Strawberry pudding (instant)
1 cup of milk
1/2 cup Tequila Rose
1/2 cup Smirnoff Vodka
8 oz creamy cool whip
YUMMMM!!!!!

Posted by: Stephanie at February 22, 2011 10:09 PM

any one have a good recipe for banana pudding shots, different liquer?

Posted by: stephanie at February 17, 2011 9:45 AM

I got about 22 shots(2oz) out of a small box of pudding

Posted by: jill at February 4, 2011 5:11 PM

How many shots do you get usually?

Posted by: Robin at January 12, 2011 6:53 PM

I do cherry cheesecake pudding shots.

1 small box cheesecake pudding
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup Cherry Vodka
1/2 cup Cherry Schnapps
8 oz cool whip

Posted by: Jamie at January 5, 2011 1:34 PM

I HAVE AN EASIER ONE!

1 BOX PUDDING CHOCO
2 CUP MUDSLIDE MIX WITH LIQUOR
1 TUB COOL WHIP
ADD VODKA IF YOU WANT TO MAKE THEM STRONGER BUT TAKE IT EASY!! 1/4 C GIVES THEM A KICK!

OR

YOU CAN MIX VANILLA PUDDIN AND DREAMSICLE MIX TOO!

Posted by: MIKE at October 14, 2010 4:05 PM

When I make the pudding shots I mix them as stated in most recipes I put the mix in a large freezer bag in the freezer until ready to use and when I am ready to share them I squeeze the shots into a "Joy Kid Cone"(The actual size of these mini cones is approximately 1.75 inches in height. They are packed with 60 cones in two inner pack bag wraps) they work great then i top it with whipped cream. VERY YUMMY! I ordered some of that new "CREAM" (whipped cream made with vodka)so I am excited to try that for a bit more fun.

Posted by: Debra at October 7, 2010 9:33 AM

Pineapple Upside Down Cake Pudding Shots

- Vanilla Pudding
- 3/4cup Milk
- small can of crushed pineapple
- 3/4cup Pineapple Rum mixed with Pineapple juice drained from can
- Tub of cool whip
- Marachino cherries halved on top

Posted by: Vanessa at July 26, 2010 9:40 AM

How long do you leave them in the freezer

Posted by: nikki at July 16, 2010 8:25 PM

I tried these a few weeks ago & they didn't freeze...they were still soupy. I have another function this weekend & plan to make them...can anyone tell me what I might've done wrong? I'm thinking maybe I didn't use the right kind (or amount) of Cool Whip? I was looking for them to freeze to a fudge-sicle consistency.

Posted by: Amanda at July 12, 2010 9:16 PM

Can these recipes be halfed. None of them say how many shots they make but it seems like they would make quite a few. I am going to a party w/only 10 people and would like to try to 1/2 the recipe...ie: 1/2 box of pudding, 4 oz cool whip, etc. Would there be any reason why this wouldn't work??

Posted by: Kim at May 14, 2010 10:35 PM

Chambord Pudding Shots

1 small pkg. INSTANT white chocolate pudding
3/4 C. milk
1/4 C. Vodka
1/2 C. Chambord Liquer
8 oz. Extra Creamy Cool Whip

Mix pudding and milk for a couple of minutes with a mixer. Add alcohol and mix well. Add Cool Whip and continue to mix.

Put into individual serving cups with lids. Keep in the freezer. They're AWESOME

Posted by: Sheila at May 14, 2010 7:55 PM

hey. i went to a party not to long ago and they had the most amazing pudding shots ive ever had. but i cant figure out what they used. it was the same recipie no matter the puding he used. he used vodka, balies, and some other kind of liquor. anyone have any ideas what it could have been?

Posted by: raychella at May 8, 2010 8:06 PM

i used vanilla vodka, mint chocolate baileys and vanilla pudding. of course, whipped cream, they were soooooo good! but i am definatley going to try the one above, the slippery nipple...awesome idea! thanks!

Posted by: T at April 14, 2010 6:49 PM

Funny you should mention pies & virgin pudding shots because I make Peanut butter cream pies & pumpkin cream pies pretty much the same way that pudding shots are made....
Peanut Butter Pies:
Spread hot fudge on bottom of graham cracker crust, chill in freezer.
Mix in 1 cup milk into 1/2 cup peanut butter until smooth. Mix in vanilla pudding mix. Spoon mix 8 oz. Cool Whip.
Pour into pie crust (from freezer with the hot fudge already on bottom).
Freeze. Remove from freezer about 20 minutes before serving to soften enough to cut into pieces.
Now I was thinking, why not add alcohol to that or add the peanut butter to the pudding shot mix. As someone said before, just experiment. That's half the fun!!
Oh & one more thing, you DON'T SHOOT pudding shots...you lick them (we NEVER use spoons) more fun that way ;)

Posted by: Cynthia at April 2, 2010 12:18 AM

yeah it's called pudding! lol j/k
just try removing the alcohol. it should still work. when my girl friend showed me how to make them i thought, hey, that's my frozen cream pie recipe with alcohol! hmmm, pudding shot pie anyone?

Posted by: Cindy at May 24, 2009 11:58 AM

Do you have any virgin shot recipes?

Posted by: amber at May 21, 2009 12:37 PM

Pina Colada Pudding Shots

1 small pkg. Coconut Cream Instant Pudding
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup vodka
1/2 cup pineapple rum
1-8 oz.container extra creamy cool whip

Yummy! Was a big hit at the party!

Also, got a little creative and made a Chocolate Pudding Shot Trifle

Chocolate Pudding Shot Trifle

1 clear glass Trifle Bowl
1 box yellow cake mix
2 sm. pkgs. Dark Fudge Choc. instant pudding
2-3/4 cups milk
1/2 cup vodka
1 cup Kahlua
3- 8 oz. extra creamy cool whip (save one for trifle)

Make pudding mixture, put in covered plastic container and freeze overnight.

Bake cake in 13"x9" pan according to pkg directions. Let cool.

To assemble the Trifle, cut cake into 2" pieces. Layer 1 row in bottom. Spread 1 layer of pudding mixture onto cake. Then spread 1 layer of cool whip. Repeat layers till bowl is full and cool whip is the top layer. Shave some chocolate on top.
Tip: I assembled the Trifle before leaving the house. When I arrived at the party I put it in the fridge until it was time to eat so that the pudding mixture didn't melt down to soup.

This was a BIG hit! And I was asked to make it at every party. You can make any flavor pudding shot recipe you wish with this.
ENJOY!

Posted by: Fran at February 8, 2009 11:30 AM

Howabout a lemon merange pudding shot?

Posted by: Steve at February 7, 2009 8:45 AM

Update on Pina Colada Pudding Shots.

I found Coconut Pudding in Walmart. So I will try that with Pineapple Rum on Friday. I will let you know how it turns out.

Posted by: Fran at February 3, 2009 10:25 AM

I modified the recipe a little to make Chocolate Covered Banana Pudding Shots.

1 sm. pkg. instant sugar-free chocolate pudding
3/4 c. milk
1/4 c. vodka
1/2 c. banana-flavored liquor
8 oz. sugar-free Cool Whip

Delicious! Makes about 32 shots in small jello-shot cups.

Posted by: Tiffany at February 1, 2009 1:10 PM

Sounds good...definitely let us know how it comes out.

Posted by: The Liquor Snob at January 23, 2009 9:22 PM

Sounds good to me. Thanks so much. I'll try that.

Posted by: Fran at January 23, 2009 8:06 PM

Hmmm...we have no proof this'll work, but what if you mod the original recipe a bit, like so...

1 small pkg. instant vanilla pudding
3/4 C. milk
1/4 C. Rum or Rum-based liqueur
1/2 C. Pineapple Schnapps
8 oz. Extra Creamy Cool Whip

No guarantees, of course, but it sounds pretty tasty to us.

Posted by: The Liquor Snob at January 23, 2009 4:11 PM

I have a party to go to on Feb.7th and I want to make Pina Colada Pudding Shots but can't find a recipe. Does anyone have a recipe for it? I would appreciate it very much.

Posted by: Fran at January 23, 2009 3:59 PM

for higher-proof "chocolate pudding" shots, just add cocoa powder to vodka. Allow to steep for a couple weeks. Strain through a coffee filter; what goes through is chocolate vodka, what remains is the base for high-proof chocolate pudding. Add cream, superfine or powdered sugar, vanilla and caramel to taste, and allow to chill. Makes a great "chocolate martini", as well, with just the addition of some milk.

Posted by: Chris Conatser at January 21, 2009 3:19 PM

I also used butterscotch pudding and put in some bailey's and vodka (just for the kick) and its a slippery nipple shot, add some whipped cream and you have a blow job! They were a huge hit at my party!!!

Also amaretto and bailey's in the chocolate is awesome!!!!

Posted by: Jonna at September 22, 2008 10:46 PM

1 regular size box of the pudding of choice, sub alcohol of choice for milk and add 1 whole tub of cool whip. Put it in a Ziploc and then you can squeeze it out easier into the cups.

Posted by: Melissa at August 21, 2008 3:55 PM

vanilla + Rootbeer schnapps (=/- bailey's) = rootbeer float
vanilla + tequila rose = strawberry
chocolate + Khalua = cafe mocha
banana + coconut rum + blue maui = tropical flavor
vanilla + triple sec + orange vodka = orange creamsicle

OR LAYER THREE FLAVORS

Vanilla + tequila rose(strawberry), white chocolate plus vanilla vodka (vanilla), and chocolate plus vodka and chocolate liquer - NEOPOLITAN!!

Oh, and if you substitute the banana + rum for the vanilla, it tastes like a banana split! Sooooooo yummy!

Ps If you used just liquer and pudding mix wouldn't it taste too strong? (ie might as well just do a chilled shot of straight liquer). Besides, if they were really strong, I couldn't eat 20 of them!!! ;-)

Posted by: Julia at June 24, 2008 10:39 PM

Choc cups from GFS are seasonal, Thanksgiving, Christmas time.

Posted by: Karen at June 23, 2008 1:50 PM

Do you have to use milk?
Cant you just sub. the milk with something else like:
1 pkg pudding mix
liquer
and thats it? or will this not work?

Posted by: kim at June 16, 2008 7:17 PM

Chocolate Pudding Shots

1 Lg. Pkg Chocolate Pudding Mix
7/8 cup of Chocolate Liquer
2 cups cold milk
mix and pour in to small cups.

Posted by: Dawn M. at April 24, 2008 6:56 PM

I made Choc mint using sm box instant choc pudding, 1 cup milk, 3/4 cup creme de menth. EASY and tasty!
I also made vanilla w/kahlua -which was quite tasty, too!
I skipped the whipped cream

Posted by: Michelle at December 27, 2007 5:40 PM

They sell wonderful little chocolate cups that you can put the pudding shots into. You simply eat the entire thing no mess no spoons only enjoyment. You should be able to find them at any liquor store or GFS etc.

Posted by: Tim at December 21, 2007 11:52 AM

have any more pudding shot Ideas?

Posted by: chris at November 25, 2007 7:48 PM

There is a couple different recipes I've come up with...
Butterscotch pudding shots
1 pkg instant pudding
milk
butterscotch shnapps
vodka
Extra creamy cool whip

Mint Chocolate pudding shots
1 pkg chocolate pudding
milk
baileys irish creme
pepermint shnaps
extra creamy cool whip

And theres more you just have to experiment.
Banana pudding with captain morgans
Vanilla with coconut liqour.
pistatio with mint
and on and on just experiment thats what I did and there a hit at all the parties I host or take to...

Posted by: Bobbie at October 17, 2007 3:32 PM

Hey Kati...what size pudding boxes did u use? Ths small or large ones? Having a party & want to make these! They sound great!

Posted by: stefanie at July 9, 2007 11:25 PM

I took pudding shots to share at our town's annual Lobster Fest last night, and they were a big hit!

Here's the "recipe" I used:
2 boxes instant chocolate pudding
1 box instant vanilla pudding
almost all of a box of instant butterscotch pudding
375 ml (12.7 oz) Kaluha (chilled)
375 ml (12.7 oz) Bailey's (chilled)
12 oz. vodka (chilled)
2 cups milk (very cold)

Mix all ingredients together, and beat at medium speed for 3 minutes. Pour into 1 oz. paper shot cups and chill for a minimum of 2 hours.

Very yummy!!

Posted by: kati at June 10, 2007 12:56 PM

I have a really good pudding shot recipe....
Mmmmm...
Oatmeal Cookie Pudding shots...
My mom gave me this one...

1 pkg. White Chocolate INSTANT pudding mix
3/4 c. milk
1 8 oz. Cool Whip
1/4 c. Hot Damn
1/4 c. Butterscotch Schnapps
1/4 c. Kahlua

Best if frozen....but good pudding style too!

Posted by: Allison Baker at November 26, 2006 8:05 PM

I have another recipe for pudding shots:

16 oz. cool whip